- Home Performance
- Our Blog
- Leave Us A Review!
We’re all aware of the many advances that have been made in lightbulbs. Yet many people are hesitant to adopt the new technologies.
This reluctance grows from disappointment with compact fluorescent bulbs (CFL) and is mostly due to three factors…
1) Dissatisfaction with the quality of light (many people think it is not warm enough – “too white or blue”).
2) CFLs’ take too long to warm up to full brightness.
3) CFL’s contain mercury that could be a concern if the bulb breaks.
In recent years, bulbs using light emitting diodes (LED’s) have been introduced that solve all of these problems. Unfortunately, they have been very expensive and not economical for most consumers.
Well, times have changed!
Home Depot has introduced a 60 Watt replacement bulb offering by far the best technology and value to yet.
• The bulb is manufactured by CREE, an industry leader in LED technology. No off-brand junk here.
• The bulb has an output of 800 lumens which fully matches a standard 60 watt lightbulb for brightness.
• The bulb has a color temperature of 2700k. That is the same pleasing and warm light that people have come to expect from standard lightbulbs.
• The bulb produces this great light while consuming 84% less energy than a standard 60 watt lightbulb.
• It turns on to full brightness instantly and is dimmable.
• It contains no mercury.
• It runs as much as 200 degrees cooler than a standard incandescent or halogen lightbulb. That helps keep your air conditioning bills down.
• It is priced at only $12.97. If you use it for 3 hours each day, it will pay for itself in 2 years and is projected to last for 20 years!
If you’d like to save a ton of energy, head down to Home Depot and buy one of these bulbs to test at home. I guarantee you will be back for more.