May 19, 2016
Nothing can sink your summertime fun faster than air conditioner problems in St. Louis, MO. When there is so much fun to be had here in the Gateway City, it would be a real shame to see you miss out on the action.
SmartHouse Heating and Cooling should be the first place you call this summer when you need air conditioner problems fixed in a flash. We understand just how crucial it can be to your overall enjoyment this summer. That’s why you can count on us to be there for you at any time this season to provide service. We even offer 24/7 emergency services for those last-minute air conditioner problems that happen when you least expect them!
What Air Conditioner Problems in St. Louis, MO Should You Get Fixed?
So you may be asking yourself, “Well, what can go wrong with my air conditioner?” The answer is many things, but the repair team here at SmartHouse would identify these 5 problems as the most common:
- Faulty Wiring: Sometimes all it takes for your air conditioner to stop working properly is a matter of faulty wiring. Wiring may be either old or your air conditioner may have been installed improperly. Either way, bad wiring trips the circuit breaker and can lead to constant breakdowns. Call a professional to inspect wiring to determine the source of the problem.
- Frozen Coils: A frozen coil indicates a problem with your air flow, which can be due to restrictions caused by filthy air filters and obstructed air ductwork. This may also have something to do with low refrigerant levels. In that case, do not attempt to handle refrigerant on your own, as it can be hazardous and requires a trained professional with the right gauges to ensure a proper refrigerant change.
- Low Refrigerant: And speaking of low refrigerant, it may just be thing giving your air conditioner trouble. Reduced levels of refrigerant is almost always indicative of a leak within your cooling system.
- Outside Fan Issues: The outside fan of your air conditioner is primarily responsible for transfering heat from your home to the outdoors. When it does not work properly, it cannot transfer heat and may cause the compressor to overheat. Even worse, it may bring damage to the compressor itself.
- A Lack of Maintenance: Your air conditioner problems may just come down to a lack of proper maintenance. It is recommended you seek maintenance from a professional annually, or else you may be making repeated calls for repair service. A lack of maintenance can allow even the smallest problems with your air conditioner to grow into something worse, resulting in a loss of money and cool air on your end.
Contact SmartHouse Heating and Cooling today if you are experiencing air conditioner problems in St. Louis, MO and will gladly provide repair as soon as possible.